Monday, July 27, 2020

Heal Us O Lord

Tuesday of the seventeenth week in ordinary time (A)

Heal us O lord

-We have suffered this pandemic for too long O Lord. 
We cry over our incurable wound.
-If I go out in our farms, I see those slain by Fulani's sword, and Boko's bombs under the nose and watch  of our government. 
If I enter the city, I see my people consumed by hunger, many have no work to do and we begin to ask, have you cast us off completely, Is Nigeria loathsome to you? Why have you struck us a blow that cannot be healed?

We have been saying prayers for Nigeria in distress, seeking for peace but to no avail.
We recognize, O LORD, our wickedness, the misuse of our country's endowment, the greed of our leaders, the corruption from top to grassroot. The insecurities we face. 
Defenseless as we are we look to you O Lord who have permitted all these. Heal our world O Lord, forget not your promises to us and overlook our sins. Amen. (Jer 14:17-22 emphasis mine)

Good morning. Have a nice day
-Friar Gerald Nwogueze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feast of the conversion of St. Paul

 Feast of the conversion of St. Paul My turning point "I asked, ‘What shall I do, sir?"  (Acts 22:3-16) Beloved, there is a signif...