Saturday, July 25, 2020

Selling All

Seventeenth Sunday in ordinary time (A)

Selling all

The gospel and the first reading really touched me. 
I learnt from Solomon to seek the only necessary thing considering also the good of others. (1 Kgs 3:5, 7-12) 
-Maturity in prayer moves from "God do for me" to "what can i do for you God", it seeks the source, the giver, the fountain which never runs dry and not the gift which eventually would finish one day. 
- To seek the giver necessarily would make me give up and sell all my purpose, plans, dreams, belongings, occupation, weakness and sins to gain the treasure in clay.
- As we celebrate, may we seek first his kingdom and righteousness and be conformed to Christ's image, though unworthy may Christ who calls us transform, justify and glorify us. Amen (Rom 8:28-30

Good morning. Happy Sunday 
Friar Gerald Nwogueze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feast of the conversion of St. Paul

 Feast of the conversion of St. Paul My turning point "I asked, ‘What shall I do, sir?"  (Acts 22:3-16) Beloved, there is a signif...