Sunday, September 13, 2020

Exaltation of the Holy Cross

 


Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross


The feast was celebrated in Rome before the end of the 7th century. Its purpose is to commemorate the recovering of that portion of the Holy Cross which was preserved at Jerusalem, and which had fallen into the hands of the Persians. Emperor Heraclius recovered this precious relic and brought it back to Jerusalem on 3 May 629.


"We exalt and adore you O Christ, for by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world"


All I preach is Him crucified.

-St. Paul


The crucifix is my source.

 -St. Bonaventure 


Gaze, contemplate and imitate him crucified

-St. Clare of Assisi


I can't hold back my tears at the innocence/ humility of the babe in Manger and the dying Jesus on the cross.

-St. Francis of Assisi

Fashion into a cross every distress and pain you experience and lift it on your shoulder following his footsteps, Calvary is very near.

-Gerald Nwogueze OFMCap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feast of the conversion of St. Paul

 Feast of the conversion of St. Paul My turning point "I asked, ‘What shall I do, sir?"  (Acts 22:3-16) Beloved, there is a signif...