Thursday, September 17, 2020

Why no preaching?

 


I was shocked when someone told me he saw in a filling station an inscription, "no smoking, no preaching" What is happening?

I was travelling from Lagos to Delta when I came across a preacher who after preaching and praying passed a pamphlet containing small envelop. I was on my habit, to my surprise she called me and handed over this pamphlet, I reluctantly collected it. I called the woman and asked her, what's your message this morning? Save a soul or support my ministry? Can you do without asking at the end for support, we could be touched at the end to support you but think about it, has my preaching become a business? She started quoting scripture to me and I simply returned the whole thing and referred to today's reading, Jesus was not seen asking for support after proclaiming the word hence he said, my food is to do my father's will and also he never lacked what to eat, the people were sensitive to provide. 

We know our dear preachers have needs but when you form the habit of asking and tasking people, it becomes a type of business where you get rewarded for your good work. 

Why don't make sacrifice, don't always task people and people may give moved by inspiration. The bus moved away and thus I hope the message was passed.   

#an opinion 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feast of the conversion of St. Paul

 Feast of the conversion of St. Paul My turning point "I asked, ‘What shall I do, sir?"  (Acts 22:3-16) Beloved, there is a signif...